Terms & Conditions
If you wish to register for a trip, please read and understand the following Terms and Conditions.
TRAVEL AND MEDICAL INSURANCE
Medical Insurance is mandatory on all Big Mountain Bike Adventures’ trips and Travel Insurance is strongly recommended. At Big Mountain we adhere strictly to our cancelation policy, so we recommend purchasing the most comprehensive package available that will reimburse you should you need to cancel your trip with us. Purchase insurance once your trip is confirmed, deposit paid and your flights are booked.
Medical and Travel Insurance should cover the following:
- Emergency air evacuation: This is mandatory on all BM trips, in case you’re injured in a remote region.
- Reimbursement of your hospital bills and coverage for possible early return travel home.
- Mountain Biking: Make sure you confirm this activity is covered.
- Trip cancelation and interruption: your land cost and flight costs will be reimbursed in the event of the unexpected injury, illness or personal emergency.
- Loss/damage of baggage and personal effects (recommended when travelling with expensive bikes).
- Baggage delay reimbursement and/or delay in your trip to recover expenses if the trip is interrupted, delayed or you miss a connection.
Additional policy details:
- Will pay expenses upfront or reimburse after returning home and submitting a claim. Paying upfront is ideal because medical bills abroad can be expensive and “reimbursement type plans” might mean you can’t leave the facility or country until the bill is paid.
- Provides coverage for pre-existing conditions,as required.
This is not an exhaustive list and is only intended as a helpful guideline. You should ensure any policy you buy is fully appropriate to your particular situation, both medical and financial.
Here’s a list of providers to consider:
Canada: www.rbcinsurance.com | USA: www.travelexinsurance.com | International: www.worldwideinsure.com or www.worldnomads.com
Or check out www.insuremytrip.com for a comparison of providers / plans.
If you have any questions about travel insurance we recommend calling a local travel office or an insurance company directly and discussing the coverage options.
A per person deposit of $750 CAD for scheduled trips is collected at time of registration - except Custom or Private Trips, which varies. Deposits may be made by wire transfer, money order or a major credit card (Visa or MasterCard). Deposits for scheduled trips are refundable up to 14 days after registering (when booking 90 days or more in advance), after the 14 days, deposits are non-refundable, but transferrable up to 150 days prior to a trips start date and must be used within one calendar year of a cancelation request. When booking 90 days or less prior to a trip start date - the full trip balance, including any add on's, will be due at the time of registering.
CANCELLATION BY THE PARTICIPANT
If canceling, the following policy applies for our Scheduled trips:
- Within 14 days of receiving your registration (and outside of the 90 day pre-trip window) your full deposit of $750 CAD per person will be refunded.
- After 14 days your $750 CAD per person trip deposit is non-refundable. However it is transferrable to another trip up to 150 days prior to your trips start date and must be used within one calendar year of your cancelation request.
- Once full balance is paid at 90 days before the trip start date, 50% may be refunded up to 60 days prior, 25% refunded up to 30 days prior.
- All trips are non-refundable 29 days or less prior to the trips start date.
If canceling, the following policy applies for our Private or Custom trips:
- Trip deposits are non-refundable once your deposit has been received. Deposit amounts will vary depending on the destination and itinerary.
- Once your full balance is received at 150 days before the trip start, 50% may be refunded up to 90 days prior, 25% refunded up to 60 days prior.
- All Custom or Private trips are non-refundable 59 days or less prior to the trips start date.
All participants must purchase Travel Insurance to avoid loss of funds if cancellation is necessary.
All cancellations must be made via email sent to Big Mountain Bike Adventures.
CANCELLATION BY BIG MOUNTAIN BIKE ADVENTURES
Big Mountain reserves the right to cancel a trip if the minimum number of clients for a trip is not fulfilled. In such a case, refund of payments received by Big Mountain shall be returned in full and we will give you a $400 credit towards a Big Mountain trip during the same or following year. Please note that once trips are scheduled, cancellations by us are extremely rare. Big Mountain cannot assume responsibility for any loss incurred on account of non-refundable air tickets. Please contact Big Mountain prior to purchasing your flight as to confirm that the required number of participants have signed up for your trip.
Each participant is responsible for booking and paying for their own flights to the starting and/or finishing place for Big Mountain trips. Please note majority of airlines charge an excess or oversized baggage fee for bike bags/boxes. Ensure you confirm the policy and cost before finalizing your booking. At the time of booking flights, we recommend sticking with one airline carrier to avoid paying each airlines excess or oversized baggage charges.
We recommend checking in for your flight as early as possible. This can sometimes help ensure your bike bag makes it on the flight with you. Most airlines only have so much space for oversized. It may otherwise be bumped to another flight, arriving later than you. Upon arrival always inspect your bike and bag at the airport in case it was damaged on the flight.
Please contact us before you book your flight to confirm that the trip has enough participants to run the trip.
The single supplement is an additional fee for participants that request their own room for the duration of the trip. If you are travelling on your own but do not request the single supplement Big Mountain will pair you up with someone of the same gender. If you are travelling on your own and there is not another single person of the same gender the participant will be required to pay the single supplement fee.
HEALTH AND FITNESS REQUIREMENTS
Participants should be healthy and active and are strongly advised to follow our pre-departure fitness training recommendations. It is vital that persons with medical problems make them known to us well before departure. Hospital facilities for serious problems can be difficult to source and evacuation can be prolonged, difficult and expensive. Big Mountain assumes no liability regarding provision of medical care.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF TRIP PARTICIPANTS
Trip participants have a certain responsibility to Big Mountain Bike Adventures and other trip participants. Trip participants are responsible for: understanding the conditions implied in the Trip Itinerary, selecting a trip that is appropriate to their interests and abilities, preparing for the trip accordingly and having the proper bike and equipment needed for the selected trip. A participant may be asked to leave a trip if the leader feels that the person’s continued participation may prove detrimental to the individual or to the well-being and enjoyment of other guests.
All returning Big Mountain riders are eligible for 5% discount on their trip fee when registering for a scheduled. As of fall 2016 – Big Mountain started offering a Book Early & Save 5% discount for riders who book a trip SIX months or more prior to their chosen trips departure date. Returning riders can combine the Book Early & Save discount and their Returning Rider 5% discount for totaly of 10% off. All discounts are only applicable on scheduled trips, per person land fees, that are open to the public and not valid on private trips or additional costs such as; single room supplements, bike rentals or pre/post extra's including hotels, transfers, non-riding activities, etc. If you have questions don't hestitate to contact us - firstname.lastname@example.org.
RECKLESS RIDING WILL NOT BE TOLERATED ON ANY BIG MOUNTAIN TRIP.